Tips for Buying & Selling
Rules for Buyers
- Stay put. Commit yourself to your new home for a few years before planning your next move.
- Money matters. If you are considering a mortgage, shore up your credit and get a copy of all your reports.
- Get pre-approved. Know what you can afford before you start searching the market. Be sure to explore different loan options in order to determine what is best for you.
- Decide what (and where) you want to be. Prioritize your list of must-haves (i.e., location, schools, and local amenities).
- Do the homework. Make offers based on sales trends to similar homes in similarly situated neighborhoods.
- Calculate hidden costs. Property taxes, insurance, maintenance and association fees will impact your budget over time.
- Be advised. Consider hiring a local Montana realtor in order to get the most out of your money – it pays to have someone looking after your best interests.